Friday, April 30, 2010

April 25th Assignment Two Questions/7th Grader

On the first video-A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment, I was extremely impressed. That student could definitely teach me a few things, OK, probably alot of things. Her ease at moving around the Internet was great. I believe this student was very comfortable and confident in using blogs and doing research. Hopefully, if these tools were not available she would still be as at ease completing assignments. I am sure that her writing skills only improved with the research she was doing and her motivation. I think that the independence and the amount of responsibility was a great confidence booster. I believe she could definitely maintain her A if she were in EDM310.

I do often ask myself the question "Was I better today than yesterday?" I will see what works in my classroom and make note to use these strategies again. It not only helps me motivate the students but gives them consistency in their daily academic life. Changes are hard for them but exciting activities bring out their best, as well as mine. Now for the hard part, what's my sentence? I read Dr Strange's sentence and immediately thought of "mission statement". So I have been thinking about it in that direction. So here it is:

I strive daily to give my students stability and motivation to better themselves in positive ways through academics, teaching/reinforcing appropriate behavior, and consideration of others.
Written 4/30/2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment