Sunday, January 31, 2010

Little Kids...Big Potential

This video was great because it shows just how much younger students can do. If they can learn this much technology then I should not be afraid to do it or set any limits to what I can learn. The video was inspiring to me because I know that once I learn the technology I know I will pass it on. So many different aspects of technology can be utilized that I never even knew existed, much less thought of as an education tool.

I liked that the one student mentioned safety. He said that he could only use his first name. I believe safety is one of the most important aspects of putting students and computers together. They have to know what is safe and what is not. My students have severe behavior problems. We are very cautious in our school because of the emotional problems they have and the sites that can adversely affect them. The games are strictly educational and are monitored closely.
I agree with the problem solving part of using the Nitendo DS. They had to figure out how to share and take care of a virtual pet. Overall, I think it was a very educational video.

No comments:

Post a Comment