Sunday, January 31, 2010

Podcasts

I listened to the various podcasts today from an elementary level to a higher education/college level. They were all vastly different with numerous topics and presenters. The podcasts I listened to were: SmartBoard Lessons Podcasts, KidCast, ConnectLearning, EdTechtalk, and This Week in Photography. They were all interesting in their own way, but of course, I preferred some over others.

I really enjoyed the format of the ConnectLeraning podcast, Episode 91: Conversation about Podcasting with Media Coordinators. I liked it because of the question and answer format. The librarians asked questions I could relate to and were relevant to me. One question addressed legality of names and pictures on pod/vod casts. Also, participants would ask questions and not only would the presenter answer but also the other audience members. Another podcast I enjoyed was the Teachers Teaching Teachers #181 from EdTechtalk. The presenters seemed to enjoy their subject, which was about using gaming in schools. This made the podcast flow and seem more interesting than one with just one or two speakers.

I thought the KidCast podcasts were great. They would be excellent for a younger audience and would give them examples of how to present ideas and how to do so in an appropriate setting. I would definitely use this if I were teaching to a younger group. The podcast from This Week in Photography was okay but not something I would go back to. This may be because of the subjects they were discussing or all the ads at the beginning.

I am getting an idea of how to present a podcast and look forward to trying. I think that music would be good if it isn't played over presenters. I believe getting right to the point would help keep listeners attention. By listening to more podcasts and viewing some digital casts I would have an even better idea of how to approach doing one of my own.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Pamela!
    I have read your blog over the podcast. I didn't listen to the same podcast you had listened to but I do believe that they were useful as well. I am happy that they were insightful for you.
    I definitely agree with you when you said that having a podcast flow is much better rather than listening to one or two people. To me that would be very boring. I plan on going back and looking into the podcast you listened to. If you would like to listen to the ones I had listened to check out my blog! Great job and thank you for your input.
    Your fellow student,
    Brittany Heiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start Pamela. Just what I was looking for... 6-8 sentences per paragraph. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete