Friday, January 29, 2010

Mr. Winkle Wakes by Matthew Needleman

I really enjoyed Mr. Winkle Wakes in that it reminds me of how I felt walking into the first night of EDM310. I picked a computer that first night and watched other students coming in and tried to pick up on what I could be doing to get started. I wasn't sure if Mrs. Averitt was who she was so I sat back and listened to the others. It almost felt like I was hearing a foreign language. I considered myself fairly competent on the regular computer things, such as, word, creating lessons on various sites and doing searches for whatever information I needed. I felt just like Mr. Winkle when Dr. Strange began talking to those of us who arrived to class for the first time. I was a little scared and ready to run to something more familar! I believe that a good mixture of the "old" and the "new" would benefit all students because of the varying learning styles I have encountered. I may be frightened of the newer technology that surrounds us but I am willing to use whatever will benefit my students. And my students would love to utilize the latest technologies to keep from hearing me talk. I recall the bored looks from the video and have seen that vacant stare a few times.

1 comment:

  1. Don't run just yet!! ;) You will learn this "foreign language" very quickly. Hang in there. It's not as bad as it seems. You have caught up, which was the first step to making it in this class. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete