Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How I Would Benefit From Dr. Christie's Site

I investigated the area of digital photography from Dr. Christie's site. Dr. Christie suggests numerous ways to engage students through the use of digital photography. Areas such as science, math, and writing can be addressed with digital photography. I believe that the use of this media in the classroom would benefit my students. I have some who would be much more interested and active in the assignments and activities. Some are more visual learners and would "blossom" while using this technology.
My students would become more involved and eager to start new projects if they could use digital photography in the classroom. By giving them the opportunity to learn a new gadget and become invested in the projects, I believe they would retain more information and be able to process what they have learned in a more meaningful way. Where before they see a chore, they may now see a treat and become more excited about subjects they otherwise could care less about. I especially liked the idea of photographing geometric shapes in the area of real world math. I think this site would be an excellent resource for future activities in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment